Big Data Engineer- Karlsruhe, Germany
High-energy Backend Software Engineer with solid foundations in computer science who is passionate about advancing the state of the art of software engineering in a big data environment and changing the world of advertising. Adello is a leading European advertising platform leveraging its proprietary award-winning Big Data technology. A successful candidate will have the drive, enthusiasm and ability to operate in a startup environment that is set to change the world of data.
Adello operates multiple geographically distributed Linux clusters running our own proprietary software built on Hadoop and Cassandra. Our software stack is architected for automatic and transparent failure recovery to allow global operations to scale. We are adding multiple Terabytes of data each day and our Data Scientists crunch through hundreds of terabytes.
- Design, develop, and enhance our core distributed system capabilities to push the infrastructure to 1,000’s of servers in a single system spanning the globe
- Integrate our scalable real-time system with NoSQL and search databases
- Optimize real-time queries for big data processing languages like Apache Pig
- Work with our data scientists to enhance our platform for better performance
- Integrate with Hadoop and third-party tools
- Solid foundation on computer science (M.Sc./Diplom required, PhD a plus)
- Hands-on experience in architectural design and coding of distributed systems
- Experience in performance tuning and debugging of software, operating systems, and networks
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop MapReduce, Cassandra, HBase etc.) a plus
- Able to think out of the box for innovative technological solutions to complex problems
- Self-starter with ability to take a problem and run with it
- Fun to be around is a must!
- Ability to speak and write English
- EU work permit required
Adello is reshaping advertising industry as we know it today. Adello’s media-buying platform that harnesses the power of Big Data technology delivers mobile advertising to the right customer at the right time and location. More than 500 advertising partners trust Adello’s self-learning campaigns to achieve their brand and direct-response goals in diverse industries from retail to luxury cars to financial services. Adello has offices in Europe, North America, and Asia.